A creative director once said to me, “You’re the only writer I know
who wants fewer words.” It’s true. The world is a busy place; my goal
is to capture your attention, not overstay my welcome, and make the message linger.
History at a Glance
- 2016 to Present = McGraw-Hill Education, senior copywriter
- 2015 to Present = Columbus Monthly, contributor
- 2012 to 2016 = McGraw-Hill Education, content writer (freelance)
- 2015 to 2016 = Abbott Nutrition, OSU Medical Center, Epsilon/Ryan proofreader (freelance)
- 2014 = Chase, technical writer (contractor)
- 2013 = Bath & Body Works, Nationwide, copywriter (contractor)
- 2012 = Victoria's Secret, copywriter (contractor)
- 2010 to 2012 = OCCRRA, communications coordinator
- 2009 to 2012 = (614) Magazine, contributor
- 2008 = Women's Fund of Central Ohio, grant reviewer
Dynamite magazine, Gilda Radner, Paul Simon, Carol Burnett, the Oscars, Creem magazine, the Outsiders, MTV, Joan Rivers, Meryl Streep, Rolling Stone, Clarice Starling, Bonnie Raitt, Thelma & Louise, Talking Heads, CBS Sunday Morning, Mike Nichols, Esquire, Merchant/Ivory, Jane Campion, Lisa Simpson, Angels in America, Bob Dylan, Julie Taymor, the New Yorker, Barbara Kingsolver, Ang Lee, Aretha Franklin, Bill Flanagan, Amelie, Gay Talese, Chrissie Hynde, Tina Fey, Uncut magazine, Peggy Olson, James Brown, Patti Smith, Lucinda Williams, David Remnick, Bruce Springsteen, Joni Mitchell, the Little Foxes.
My goal was not simply to do well, or hold my own. It was to make a mark.
— PATTI SMITH